Review Detail

1.0 1 3
Fantasy March 23, 2009 760
Rating

[edit]
I just have to say it: I absolutely, positively got nothing from this series. I quit reading in the middle of Inkspell because I got bored and felt absolutely no pull to pick any of the books up again. I had the exact same problem with another one of her books (something to do with a dragon and an elf?) which was so unoriginal it bore me to tears. This, while more original, just still lacked something. I can't honestly say what.

Now, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy this book. I did . . . mostly. I've seen and loved the movie, and I liked seeing things fleshed out and explained more. No, my problem was just that it didn't hold me. Maybe it's not quite as clean as I'm used to my books being. Maybe it wasn't believable enough. Or maybe I'm just too picky. I read this one and liked it well enough, but it was nothing special or out of the ordinary, and while the idea is interesting I'm just never going to be one of those people I talk to whose whole face lights up when I mention the series. I simply don't like her writing, and I'm not recommending it to anybody.
J
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account