In this digital age, there is still a place for knots, skimming stones and stories of incredible courage. This book recaptures Sunday afternoons, stimulates curiosity, and makes for great father-son activities. The brothers Conn and Hal have put together a wonderful collection of all things that make being young or young at heart fun—building go-carts and electromagnets, identifying insects and spiders, and flying the world's best paper airplanes.
288 pages 978-0062208972 Ages 8-12
Skills covered include:
- The Greatest Paper Airplane in the World
- The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- The Five Knots Every Boy Should Know
- Building a Treehouse*
- Making a Bow and Arrow
- Fishing (revised with US Fish)
- Timers and Tripwires
- Baseball's "Most Valuable Players"
- Famous Battles-Including Lexington and Concord, The Alamo, and Gettysburg
- Spies-Codes and Ciphers
- Making a Go-Cart
- Navajo Code Talkers' Dictionary
- Cloud Formations
- The States of the U.S.
- Mountains of the U.S.
- The Declaration of Independence
- Skimming Stones
- Making a Periscope
- The Ten Commandments
- Common US Trees
- Timeline of American History---from the publisher