Irresistibly action-packed and full of lethal surprises, this stunning new fantasy series from Victoria Aveyard, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Red Queen series, begins where hope is lost and asks: When the heroes have fallen, who will take up the sword?
A strange darkness grows in Allward.
Even Corayne an-Amarat can feel it, tucked away in her small town at the edge of the sea.
She soon discovers the truth: She is the last of an ancient lineage—and the last hope to save the world from destruction. But she won’t be alone. Even as darkness falls, she is joined by a band of unlikely companions:
- A squire, forced to choose between home and honor.
- An immortal, avenging a broken promise.
- An assassin, exiled and bloodthirsty.
- An ancient sorceress, whose riddles hide an eerie foresight.
- A forger with a secret past.
- A bounty hunter with a score to settle.
Together they stand against a vicious opponent, invincible and determined to burn all kingdoms to ash, and an army unlike anything the realm has ever witnessed.---from the publisher
576 pages 978-0062872623 Ages 13 and up
Keywords: epic fantasy, magic, kingdom, sword and sorcery, part of a series, heroes, teamwork, 13 year old, 14 year old, 15 year old, If You Liked the Red Queen, If You Liked Sarah J. Maas